In 2016, the Community Interest Company Cnoc Cailliche Ltd erected a second wind turbine at Wheedlemont, just outside Rhynie. HDT entered an agreement with the developer to receive and manage a voluntary community benefit fund arising from the turbine.

Over the lifetime of the project the fund is expected to be worth a total of £650,000 to the area. 75% of the funds will be managed and invested by HDT for the benefit of the wider AB54 community. The other 25% is reserved for the civil parishes of Auchindoir and Kearn and Rhynie (covering the area around Rhynie and Lumsden). Representatives of Rhynie Charitable Trust and Lumsden Community Association have joined together to manage the Wheedlemont Turbine Fund which supports a variety of local initiatives.

More information on the fund can be accessed at http://rhyniecharitabletrust.co.uk/pages/home/wtf.php.

The Gordon and Ena Baxter Foundation
Aberdeenshire Council
Scottish Land Fund
Local Energy Scotland
Paths for All
Smarter Choices Smarter Places
European Regional Development Fund

Get Involved

We invite you to join us on our journey.